On Feb. 9, Asheboro Police responded to the Randolph County Department of Social Services, North Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, regarding an alleged case of child abuse at Seagrove Elementary School. Officers were told a male child was discovered with a bruise on the upper arm placed there by a father he feared. This case is under investigation.
* Feb. 9: Asheboro Police responded to Clapp’s Nursing Home, 500 Mountain Top Road, Asheboro, in the service of outstanding warrants.
* Feb. 10: Maricruz Aguilar Alejo, East Central Avenue, Asheboro, reported she was the victim of an assault at her residence. Ricardo Emmanuel Flores, 19, 518 E. Central Ave., Asheboro, was charged with assault on a female, interfering with emergency communication and injury to personal property.
* Feb. 10: Asheboro Police responded to Chickadee Circle, Asheboro, in reference to an armed suspect. No other details were available.
* Feb. 9: Randolph County Animal Control responded to an apartment on Church Street, Asheboro, where an animal was trying to dig its way into the sheet rock of a bedroom wall at a residence. A claw print was visible inside the room. With the consent of the owner and resident, Animal Control opened the wall and released a sparrow.
* Feb. 11: Alvin Powell reported a breaking and entering at a residence on Powhatan Avenue, Asheboro. Officers found broken glass in a door and a door knob removed.
* Feb. 11: Christopher Lee Hawkins, Roseboro Road, Asheboro, reported a breaking and entering at his residence with several items stolen. Glass was broken on a rear door to gain access. This case is under investigation.
* Feb. 12: Asheboro Police responded to Technimark, North Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, in reference to a suspect communicating threats. When officers arrived, a blue 1990 Honda Civic was leaving the parking lot driven by a male fitting the description provided by the caller. A search of the vehicle revealed a .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun in the glove compartment. Justin Roger Capps, 24, 103 Banner Drive, Greenville, S.C., was charged with carrying a concealed weapon.
* Jan. 31: An employee at Kickback Jack’s, East Dixie Drive, Asheboro, reported an intoxicated patron.
* Feb. 9: Jennifer Veronica Nemes of King’s Corner Apartments, North Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, reported the theft from her residence of pre-paid phone cards. There is a suspect in this case.
* Jan. 18: Megan Nicole Trogdon reported the theft of her cell phone at the self-checkout at Walmart, East Dixie Drive, Asheboro. Trogdon told officers she placed the phone next to the checkout and forgot to retrieve it. After an unsuccessful search for the phone, her boyfriend called her number and a unknown female answered. The female promised to meet Trogdon and return the phone, but failed to keep the appointment.
* Feb. 9: Carson George Boyd reported the theft of the tailgate to his truck parked at Chick-fil-A, East Dixie Drive, Asheboro. No value was given for the missing tailgate.
* Feb.9: An employee of Lowes Foods, West Dixie Drive, Asheboro, reported a woman was seen placing packages of steaks in a purse and attempting to leave the business. Katherine Buckner Brown, 53, no permanent address, Randleman, was charged with concealment of goods and injury to personal property.
* Feb. 11: Asheboro Police responded to an apartment on South Church Street, Asheboro, in reference to a suspicious person, A caller indicated a man was looking in the window of an apartment, and she was concerned he might be a drug user. While searching around the apartment, officers found a woman lying in the bushes behind the complex. The female told officers she had been sexually assaulted. This case is under investigation.
* Carmello Mendoza Cuello, 30, 1249 N. Fayetteville St., Asheboro, driving while impaired.
* Linsey Nowlin Draper, 30, 236 E. Wainman Ave., Asheboro, simple assault.
* Joseph Robert Golien, 32, 200 Strider St., Apt. 6C, Asheboro, driving with license revoked, possession of marijuana paraphernalia, possession of marijuana.
* Sharon Goodwin Hensley, 39, 1329 Chickadee Circle, Asheboro, resisting a public official.
* Christopher Trey Hamlett, 19, 518 W. Balfour Ave., Asheboro, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
* Charity Nicole Jerkins, 35, 837 Lansdowne Road, Asheboro, possession of marijuana.
* Wendy Ann Snipes, 51, 210 Coleridge Road, Asheboro, failure to comply with judgment.
* Tyler Joe Theesen, 24, 1821 Back Creek Court, Asheboro, intoxicated and disruptive.
* James Robert West, 55, 1324 Chickadee Circle, Asheboro, discharge a weapon inside city limits.
* Feb. 6: George H. Lynn, Hoover Hill Road, Trinity, reported the theft of a license plate from his 2001 Ford F-25 parked at his residence.
* Feb. 8: Teresa G. Swaney, West Chapel Road, Asheboro, reported the theft of a Raven .25-caliber pistol valued at $250 from her 2011 Kia parked at her residence.
* Feb. 9: Christina N. Inman, West Chapel Road, Asheboro, reported the theft of $1,200 in cash from her vehicle parked at her residence.
* Feb. 5: John E. York, Valewood Drive, Asheboro, reported the theft from his outbuilding of a saw valued at $2,000, an air gun valued at $350 and a Makita saw valued at $150.
* Brittany Marie Allen, 31, 706 Huffman Mill Road, Apt. E4, Burlington, fictitious alteration/revision of vehicle registration, four counts possession of drug paraphernalia, two counts possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana.
* Frenchi Lacina Blackwell, 29, 520 W. Swannanoa Ave., Liberty, assault on a female.
* David Glenn Ford, 54, 2785 Oliver’s Chapel Road, Staley, intoxicated and disruptive.
* Dustin Allen Gailey, 29, 3705 Luck Drive, Archdale, threatening phone call, communicating threats, misdemeanor stalking.
* Dana Marie Lester Haney, 43, 634 Gardner Road, Asheboro, civil order for arrest.
* Steven Matthew Kearns, 28, 6471 Tom Ball Road, Randleman, possession of a firearm by a felon, larceny after breaking and entering, breaking and entering, two counts possession of stolen property, larceny of a firearm.
* Woodrow Wilson Kennedy IV, 27, 4799 Jordan Valley Road, Trinity, misdemeanor larceny, civil order for arrest.
* Dylon James Kirkpatrick, 26, 4105 Bay Doe St., Ramseur, felony child abuse, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to inflict serious injury.
* Dianna Lowe, 45, 4949 Meadowbrook Road, Trinity, cyberstalking threats.
* Frank James Mumpower III, 37, 5345 Cypress Lane, Climax, communicating threats.