1. Redistricting meetings: A public hearing on the new legislative election maps is scheduled for 4 p.m. today at Fayetteville Technical Community College. The new maps are expected to affect all six lawmakers and their voters in Fayetteville and Cumberland County. The hearing will be in room 108 of the General Classroom Building, 2817 Fort Bragg Road. Speakers will have three minutes each and will need to sign up between 3 and 6:30 p.m.
2. Cups with Cops: Fayetteville State University's Criminal Justice Department and Starbucks are hosting a panel-led discussion today from 6 to 8:30 p.m. about fostering quality relationships between the Fayetteville Police Department and residents. The event will be at Shaw Auditorium on the FSU campus.
3. Blood drives: The American Red Cross has several blood drives coming up in the Cape Fear region. Donors may make an appointment to donate online at redcrossblood.org or by calling 800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767). Upcoming blood drives include these in Harnett County:
• Sept. 13: Buies Creek, Campbell University, Leslie Campbell Avenue, 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Sept. 14: Lillington, Harnett County Government Complex, 309 W. Cornelius Harnett Blvd., 1 to 5:30 p.m.
4. Stoney Point blood drive: The Stoney Point Fire Department, in conjunction with the Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center, will have its annual fall blood drive Aug. 31 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the fire department, 7221 Stoney Point Road. To sign up, call Clarkie Johnson at 424-0694 or go to savingliveslocall.org and search by sponsor code M239.
We want to hear from you: Please submit your events in writing at least 10 days in advance. Email email@example.com or fax details to 486-3545. For questions, call 486-3500.