1. Acting workshop: Fayetteville actress Natasha A. Williams, who has performed in national tours, commercials and television shows, will participate in a workshop at noon Saturday in Fayetteville State University's Butler Theater. The workshop will explore careers in acting. It is free and open to the public. RSVPs are requested. Contact Phoebe Hall at email@example.com or Earnest Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Movie night: The Fayetteville Police Department will present “Moana’’ tonight at MacPherson Presbyterian Church, 3525 Cliffdale Road as part of the Operation Ceasefire program. Activities start at 6:30 p.m. Participants should bring lawn chairs. Events will move inside in case of rain. The event is free.
3. Mountain bike trail work: The newly developed Cape Fear Mountain Bike Trail at J. Bayard Clark Park and Nature Center is a work-in-progress. Join other volunteers Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to noon to work on shaping the trail. Volunteers should bring water, snacks and a bike to try out the day’s progress. Meet at the nature center, 631 Sherman Drive. Call 433-1579 to register. The event is appropriate for ages 8 and up.
4. Easter egg hunt: A community Easter egg hunt is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday at Victory Baptist Church, 5984 Brookdale St., Hope Mills. Children ages 3 to 11 are invited to participate. The event is free, but participants should bring a basket. For more information, email email@example.com.
5. Road closure: Motorists are reminded that Ray Avenue at Rowan Street will be closed from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday for the AsONE Prayer Walk, which takes place at Festival Park and around downtown Fayetteville.
We want to hear from you: Please submit your events in writing at least 10 days in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax details to 486-3545. For questions, call 486-3500.