RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK — Golden LEAF scholarship awards, valued at $12,000 ($3,000 per year for up to fouryears) will be offered to first-time recipients attending a qualifying North Carolina campus for the 2017-18 academic year.
The scholarships are funded by a grant from the Golden LEAF Foundation and are administered by the N.C. Education Assistance Authority. Information and applications are available online on the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC.org) website at CFNC.org.goldenleaf.
To be considered, applicants must:
* Be enrolled during the 2016-17 academic year at a North Carolina public or private high school or a North Carolina community college.
* Enroll for fall 2017 as a full-time, degree-seeking freshman or transfer from a North Carolina community college at one of the 57 qualifying public universities or private colleges and universities in North Carolina.
* Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes with a permanent residence in one of 79 qualifying rural counties.
* Demonstrate financial need by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is available at www.fafsa.gov.
* Submit a Golden LEAF scholarship application available at CFNC.org/goldenleaf and a current high school or community college transcript.
The application deadline is March 1.